Cheddar-Garlic Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic ( can use more or less)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided ( garlic lovers can use more)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt ( or can use white salt)
- 3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb ( seasoned or plain)
- 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper ( or to taste)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- shredded cheddar cheese ( optional and use any amount desired, or can use shredded mozzarella cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter an 11 x 7-inch pan (if using more than 4 breasts use a larger pan).
- In a bowl, combine melted butter with fresh minced garlic, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the dry breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese 1 teaspoon garlic powder and coarse ground black pepper.
- Dip chicken in butter mixture; then in crumb mixture.