Avocado Chicken Soup Recipe
2 chicken breasts
3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups green onions chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tomato, diced
3 - 14.5oz cans chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
2 avocados, diced
1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Take half of the chicken broth and boil the chicken breasts, diced in the chicken broth. Allow it too cook then shred or keep diced.
- In a dutch oven or equivalent, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add the 1 cup chopped green onions and minced garlic to pot; Sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomato; Sauté 1 minute, until soft.
- Add remaining chicken broth, chicken and broth mixture, cumin, and salt to pot.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover pot and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
Layering in separate bowls; Fill each bowl with shredded chicken, diced avocado, chopped green onions (from the remaining 1/2 cup), and cilantro. Next, ladle the chicken broth onto the layered chicken in each bowl. Serve each bowl with a lime wedge.