Cinnamon French Toast Cookies Recipe
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar,
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Beat together the butter and sugars until well mixed and light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and egg yolk and continue mixing until well combined, then add the honey and vanilla and keep mixing.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and and mix until incorporated.
- Divide the dough in half, and roll each half in to a log in parchment paper. Chill the logs in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice the logs in to 1/4" rounds and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the cookies, then bake on 350 F for 10-15 minutes until browned on the edges. Let cool for 5 minutes on the sheet then move to a wire rack to cool completely.