Southern Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- 6 cups chopped, fresh broccoli florets
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 full sleeve Ritz crackers, finely crushed
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket over simmering water. Cover and steam for approximately 5 minutes. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, soup, mayonnaise, butter, eggs, onion, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and mix again.
- Place mixture in a medium buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese and crackers on top.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.