- 1.5 tbsp sweet paprika (3tbsp) (Edited Feb ’12 to say I’ve also used mild smoked paprika with fantastic results)
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar, lightly packed (2 tbsp)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp)
- S&P to taste (about 1 tsp each is what I used)
- 2 lbs pork (baby) back ribs (6 lbs) – leave the membrane on the ribs to help hold them together
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (3 cups)
- Vegetable oil spray.
In a small bowl, mix together paprika, brown sugar, cayenne and S&P. Rub this mixture all over both sides of your ribs well. Arrange ribs in the slow cooker by standing them up against the wall of the stoneware pot, thicker side down and meaty side against the pot. Pour barbecue sauce over the ribs, cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low.