Vegetable & Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 15 Mushrooms (Cremini (brown) or white) - cleaned, steam removed and hollowed out
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot (finely diced)
- 3 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- small bunch of Chives (diced)
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 480F (250C).
- Clean mushroom and remove stems. Hollow out the mushroom a bit further with a small spoon and place mushrooms in a large baking dish.
- Finely dice parts of the mushroom that were removed and place in a small mixing bowl. Add crushed garlic, shallot, chives, bell pepper, 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper to mixing bowl. Mix with a spoon.
- Fill mixture into mushrooms using a spoon and push down with your fingers to ensure they are stuffed to their limit.
- Drizzle mushrooms with a bit of olive oil. Cover baking dish with foil or lid and bake for 15-20 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Garnish with parsley leaves and serve hot.