Crock Pot Chicken Burritos Recipe
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
1 (4oz) can diced chiles
1 packet taco seasoning
8 whole wheat, low carb flour tortillas
1 (15oz) can red enchilada sauce
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup reduced fat Mexican-style cheese, shredded
1. Place chicken, tomatoes, chiles, green peppers, onion, garlic, and taco seasoning packet into a slow cooker and cook on low for about 5-6 hours. Shred chicken with two forks and stir. Drain off excess liquid.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray an 11 x 13 inch baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
3. To make burritos, spoon about 3/4 cup burrito mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with 1 tbsp shredded cheese. Fold up burrito and place in baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
4. Pour enchilada sauce over burritos and top with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
5. Place in oven and cook until cheese melts and begins to bubble, about 10-12 minutes.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings