Creamy Potato Crockpot Soup Recipe
- 1 30 oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns
- 1 large 32 oz container of chicken broth (I used reduced sodium. You can also use 3 smaller cans)
- 1 can of fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 pkg. cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat – but don’t use fat free because it won’t melt)
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions, bacon, etc.
Toss the hash browns, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, chopped onion, and ground pepper into your crock-pot. (everything except the cream cheese). Give your ingredients a good stir. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese to your soup. Heat through until it’s good and melted.
Add optional toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, bacon, and chives.