1. Combine the dry ingredients and "sift" together with a whisk. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the egg white and vanilla.
3. Add the dry ingredients just until combined.
4. Roll between two pieces of parchment paper or wax paper to form a 12 inch square. Chill for about 30 minutes.
5. Carefully peel the bottom paper off the dough. Flip the dough and do the same with the other paper. Top the chilled dough with the maple syrup and then sprinkle with the cinnamon and brown sugar.
6. Carefully roll the cookie dough up in a spiral and wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze until firm.
7. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
8. Slice into 1/4 inch slices and bake on a parchment lined sheet pan for 8-10 minutes. Place the sheet pan on a cooling rack and allow the cookies to cool on the sheet pan for about 10 minutes. Remove them from the sheet pan and continue cooling them on a cooling rack.