Christmas Shortbread Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup red, white & green candy sprinkles
1/2 cup powdered icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- With an electric mixer or stand mixer, you'll whip the butter until it is smooth and fluffy. This is probably the most important step in making these cookies! Star in the sugar, corn starch and flour. Continue to mix on low for another two minutes, then increase the speed to high for three extra minutes.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture on an ungreased cookie sheet, keeping about 2-3 inches of space between the cookies.
- Bake for about 14 minutes in the oven. You'll want to keep a close eye on these to ensure they don't get too brown on the edges. If you have a gas oven vs. electric, you may need to leave them for a few extra minutes -- this was something we noticed when we switched to gas a few years ago.
- You can finish the cookies with the powered icing sugar and Christmas themed sprinkled for an extra touch. Enjoy!