10 small brussels sprouts
2 bacon rashers, minced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
2 tablespoons rock salt, sea salt or "Kosher" salt
Salt and pepper
1. Peel off any bad leaves from the brussels sprouts
2. Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add rock salt.
3. Blanch brussels sprouts for 4 minutes then drain and refresh in cold running water.
4. Cut sprouts in half lengthwise.
5. Heat olive oil on high. Add bacon and cook 1 minute.
6. Add Brussels sprouts and fry until they start to brown around the edges and the bacon crisps.
7. Add garlic slices and fry 1 minute until softened.
8. Drain brussels sprouts to remove excess oil. Serve hot.