Banana Breakfast Quinoa Recipe
Ingredients(Makes 1 serving):
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 banana, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup(optional) plus more for drizzling
- 2 Tablespoons crushed walnuts
- Using a fork, mash the banana in a bowl into a smooth puree.
- Add in the quinoa, cinnamon, and salt and mix together. If the quinoa’s not sweet enough, add the maple syrup to enhance the flavor.
- Move into a serving bowl and add on top the walnuts and more banana and maple syrup if desired. Serve as a cold breakfast or—if you prefer—heat it up in the microwave or oven like a hot cereal.