Sour Cream Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 stick of salted butter, softened to room temp.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 large ripened bananas mashed ( or 2.5 small bananas)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbl. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips (regular chocolate chips work too)
- optional 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan, or 2 mini pans with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Stir in egg, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add baking soda, cocoa, and flour.
- Mix everything until well incorporated (about 3 minutes in a Kitchenaid mixer).
- Add chocolate chips and nuts (if applicable).
- Pour batter into loaf pan(s) and bake for 50 minutes – 1 hr.
- Insert a tooth pick into the center of the loaf and check to see if it comes out clean when you pull it out.
- Remove from heat and allow bread to rest in the loaf pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert the loaf pans onto a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or cold.